Image Map

Monday, April 11, 2011

How To Create Candy Bar Wrappers & Free Mini Candy Bar Wrapper Template.

So while in the midst of wedding planning i came across the situation of needing favors for my guests. I had seen on websites that you can buy pre-made Candy Bar Wrappers personalized with your names or whatever you choose to put on them but they was kinda pricey seeing as how i have 1,000 other things to buy for a wedding that are much more important. But me being the daring DIY Bride i am decided i would attempt at homemade candy bar wrappers for the miniature hersheys bars. While googling up wrapper templates or atleast just the size i needed to make the wrappers i came to a dead end when the whole 1 blank wrapper template i found was the wrong size. So, after a lil bit of adjustment and work i have created the template for my wrapper which i am going to share for all the other Do It Yourself Brides who might want to create and print off their own mini candy wrappers for there wedding or parties without going through all the trouble & hard time i did trying to get the right size wrappers. Its the perfect size for the Miniature Hershey Candys Bars & I hope this will help someone else make their busy wedding planning job easier on them. Below is a picture of the practice run i done on mini bars of Dark Chocolate & a free template you can save and use for your own candy bars along with instructions on how to do it. enjoy!

*TO CREATE YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED CANDY BAR WRAPPERS*
1. Save the blank template i have shown below.
2. Open the saved template on paint or whatever photo editing program you may be using 
3. Just write your names or add a pic within the section titled "front" (that will be the front of your
      candy bar) write or design whatever you would like on these whether it be for a wedding, party, or just  
         to do something special for someone.
4. copy & paste whatever design youve put in the middle of your bar onto all the other bars so
      they all look the same.
5. Print out the page once you've saved the wrapper design you would like. (make sure your printer
      settings are set for picture to fit page & the 8x10inch page otherwise your wrappers might not come out
         the right size. I know this from many printed pages of experience lol.)
6. Next you cut out all of the mini wrappers preferably as straight and neat as you can for a better cleaner
       look.
7. Last you take a stick of regular glue, put it on the back of your homemade wrappers, & glue them over the original wrappers! Your Done!

Now you will have your own personalized Mini Candy Bars to fit your style & occasion.

(This Template is actual size. Enjoy)









































My Practice Candy Bars using the template.











BONUS:: A Template to help you also make personalized bottom stickers for Candy Kisses!
    Instructions are same as the candy bar wrappers. Save, Design, Print, Glue!

Candy Kiss Sticker Template! (actual size)



My practice run using the Candy Kiss Template with a design using Initials! (i actually done the practice run on HUGS not kisses cause i had hugs laying around cause i dont really like them lol)

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. customized candy singapore

      Delete
  2. I'm having a party and I want to create personalized candy bar wrappers as my favors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute!!! I was searching personalized candy bar wrappers everywhere. I wanted to do it for my birthday party. It's a cool party favor to give out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work! It is much appreciated. I am adding small circles to the front and will be printing them out in primary colors to make the mini-chocolate bars look like lego bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! worked perfect for gift I made. I put a letter on each bar to spell out name in mini bars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you explain how to use the Candy Kiss Sticker Template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you save them template you just open it up on paint (or any other picture editing website where you can add text). Then I added on the initials I wanted & copied & pasted it on every one so they was all exact and not all different, but if you want yours to be different that's cool too. Then I saved it & Printed it. Then I just carefully cut out all of the circled & used a glue stick 2 glue them to the bottom of some candy kisses. (the glue doesn't hurt the candy becuz ur glue-ing it to the wrapper.) I hope that helps you out!

      Delete
  7. Ashley,
    I am using Paint. When I print them, will the circles print in gray? Is there a way to change the colors of the circles? When I use the paint bucket (fill color), it does not fill the complete circle.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when paint does that. Well the reason I had them gray is so they would sorta come close to matching the silver aluminum look of the candy kiss wrappers. I'm sorry if you wasted any ink or paper printing it & it wasn't what you wanted. I know it sounds tedious & a pain but I would maybe try zooming in to where you can see one of the circles real good & color it in whatever color u prefer, just be very careful & precise & it can be done. (it don't have to be completely perfect because once you zoom out you usually can't tell any small imperfections.) Then just copy that one and paste it over the others (& so your not pasting one over and over, once you get a row stop and just copy that whole row & then you can paste in rows & not each individual one-if that makes sense), then add your initials or words. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble but that's probably what I would do working with paint (since I tend to use paint on most projects)I hope this isn't too much trouble & is helpful.

      Delete
    2. You can also use sticker paper and a 1" hole punch or what ever size the circles are. Print the template on sticker paper and you will not have to apply glue to the bottoms of each one. Take your hole punch and cut out all the circles then stick on kisses. Kids love to help so hey let em!

      Delete
    3. You can also use sticker paper and a 1" hole punch or what ever size the circles are. Print the template on sticker paper and you will not have to apply glue to the bottoms of each one. Take your hole punch and cut out all the circles then stick on kisses. Kids love to help so hey let em!

      Delete
  8. No worries. Thanks for the help! I'll try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great template to work off of!

    Thanks for joining us at the Keep Calm & Link Up party this week - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! great stuff, Thanks for sharing a very interesting and informative content, it helps me a lot, keep it up!
    When wedding planning gets overwhelming, you'll welcome the one part you won't mind planning over and over again, the wedding candy buffets!

    candy bar nh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this! Can I ask how to save this template? When I click on it, the image pulls up larger. Do I just save it as an image? I am working on a MAC, so I am not sure what program I will use to edit the wrappers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks but are these for the nuggets? because they don't fit around the miniature Hershey's bars

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks but are these for the nuggets? because they don't fit around the miniature Hershey's bars

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. You just made a somewhat difficult project a lot easier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the great template! I used it to make Christmas Joke wrappers for Hershey Miniatures by changing it just a bit. I gave you credit in the post: http://aliveagainandlaughing.blogspot.com/2013/11/christmas-jokes-on-hershey-miniatures.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...