Image Map

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Candy Corn Nails

Happy {Early} Halloween!! 

Since I can't much decorate for the holidays where we are staying, The only real celebration I have done for Halloween is painting my nails...yeah I know, exciting right? So I am just going to show you a cute candy corn painting I done.

{Warning: I am no nail design artist, if anything I kind of suck. I am very shaky!! Also my nails are very short, (I have been painting them so I don't bite them, I've not bit them in like 2 or 3 weeks!) So this is more like a short nail version-but you can do this on short or long nails. Also consider yourself warned that I am being goofy modeling my nails in this, so you will see my funny looking mug! Haha!}


Now I painted a little spider web on my ring finger, I seen this done somewhere on Pinterest and I thought it was cute so I gave it a try.

This is super easy & remember it doesn't have to be perfect!

You need:
Base/top coat
White nail polish (i forgot to take a picture of but it was art decor brand from dollar store)
Black nail polish -art deco (dollar general $1)
Yellow nail polish-art deco (dollar general $1)
Orange nail polish (Maurices $5-not very good nail polish, it drys matte & see through)












Let's Get Started!

1. After your Base Coat, paint your nails white!


2. Take your Orange nail polish and just paint a straight line across the middle of your nail (as straight as you can, as you can see I can't even paint a straight line)

4. Use yellow paint and paint the tips that were left white after you painted your orange stripes.
you could just stop here and add a top coat and your done, but if you want the spider web, continue on!

5. Now take your black nail polish and thin paint brush (my black already had a black striping brush with it). Paint about 3 or 4 diagonal lines meeting at one corner!


6. Now use the black to draw stripes going across them. Add a top coat & your done!


Yes I know I have short gross looking nails! & I am horrible at painting my nails but I think its fun to have cute little designs on them.











1 comment:

  1. I just recently found your blog and it is so cute. And I love the nail idea....I would love for you to follow me if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...