Image Map

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No Valentines?...Love Pond!

     Okay... So believe it or not I have nothing to share for Valentines Day. No cute nails (which i usually try to do to match the holidays). No cute recipes (I tried my hand and some cute heart cookies but it was a hugeee FAIL! they burnt.) & No cute Valentines Crafts? Then what am I even writing a post for??? Well this isn't Valentines Related but its Love related so close enough right? Last month I made a cute lil sentimental project for the husband. Very sappy and lovey but he's sentimental and he liked it. We even made a game out of it.
    So to explain this thing i made, the husband LOVES to fish, like once it hits fishing season best believe he's out on the creek fishing (okay with me tho cause it gives me more time to craft & be nerdy.) Anyways, so anything incorporating fishing he usually loves. So I decided just to tell him some random reasons why I loved him. This was done for one of those insignificant anniversary things for our anniversary when we moved in together. Sorry for the long intro: but here we goooooo.....

26 Reasons Why I Love You-LOVE POND.
THIS IS A FISHING POND, FULL OF CUTE LITTLE FISH JUST WAITING TO TELL MY HUSBAND ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT REASONS WHY I LOVE HIM.
SUPPLIES NEEDED:
  • A CONTAINER. in whatever shape you want, I used this cause it was what I had it's a package left over from ear muffs.
  • SCRAPBOOK PAPER. or construction paper, to add color and background to it.
  • PRINTED FISH. I googled fish and printed them out to write my reasons on them. Or you could hand draw your fish, whatever floats your boat.
  • TAPE. to hold the paper onto the container
  • PEN. to write on the labels and the fish
  • PAINT (OPTIONAL). I actually painted the bottom paper blue and the pond on the top cause I was almost out of blue scrapbook paper, and I actually printed out black & white fish to save my ink & painted them orange (but that's more work) so its totally optional.
  • SCISSORS. to cut your fish out
  • & THE REASONS WHY YOU LOVE THEM.
now, TUTORIAL TIME.
1. FIRST, MAKE THE WATER. I wrapped a piece of blue designed scrapbook paper to see if it would fit all the way around the bottom rim of my container & then cut it to look like waves of water. (not realistic waves, cartoonish waves lol)
2. MAKE BOTTOM OF POND. So I used the lid of the container to trace a circle onto a piece of plain white computer paper. Painted it blue, & used a sharpie to write a message on the bottom for when he gets to the bottom of the pond. Then i cut it out carefully.
 3. TAPE BOTTOM OF POND IN THE CONTAINER.
4. MAKE A LID LABEL. I then cut out a random shape like a odd shaped pond & painted it blue same way I did the bottom of the pond. Cut it out, & Write LOVE POND on it, so its obvious what the gift is supposed to be lol. Then i taped it to the lid of the container.
5. NEXT I PRINT OUT ALL MY FISHY'S. I chose to do 26 just because I needed some sort of limit so i figured I'd make one reason for every letter in the alphabet (which ended up being a fun lil game for us which i'll explain at the end)
6. CUT THEM SUCKERS OUT. lol
7. WRITE A REASON WHY YOU LOVE THEM ON THE BACK OF EVERY FISH!
8. ADD A LABEL TO THE FRONT. I cut a pretty designed strip of scrapbook paper big enough to cover up the words on the container. Then I just used a sharpie to write "26 Reasons Why I Love You"
9. THROW ALL THE FISH IN THE POND. they like the water, i promise. lol.
& YOUR DONE. THATS IT. NOW YOU HAVE A CUTE ROMANTIC WAY TO SHOW SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVE THEM.

FUN LITTLE GAME:
When i gave this to him before I let him read the fish I told him there was one for every letter, then i drew them out and told him the letter, & he had to guess what the reason was why i loved him that had to do with that letter. Of course he only got like 1 or 2 right, haha but he learnt a whole bunch of new reasons why i love his crazy butt. =)


                                                Much Love on this Valentines Day,
                                                                  The Hillbilly Princess












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...